**Carefully look through the below documents regarding the audition process for the 2022-2023 school year**
- ALL current BBHHS concert band students (9-11) & 8th Grade BBHMS band students are required to complete this audition.
- The only exception is current senior band students, who are exempt.
BBHHS CONCERT BAND AUDITION INFORMATION 2022-23 *CAREFULLY READ THROUGH THIS DOCUMENT*
MUSIC FOR AUDITIONS:
WHERE TO SUBMIT & DEADLINE:
- BBHHS CONCERT BAND AUDITION SUBMISSION FORM 2022-23 *DUE JANUARY 24TH @ 11:59pm*
FOR FURTHER HELP IN UNDERSTANDING THE STEP BY STEP PROCESS VISIT THIS HELP PAGE
ANY STUDENT IN JAZZ ENSEMBLE FOR THE 2022-23 SCHOOL YEAR *PLEASE READ*
- BBHHS Jazz Ensemble 2022-23 INTEREST FORM *DUE JANUARY 13TH @ 11:59PM*
- Jazz Ensemble is a class that meets during the actual school day.
- If you play Saxophone (Alto, Tenor, Bari), Trombone, Trumpet, Drum Set, Piano, Bass, Guitar – you are eligible to participate in Jazz Ensemble.
- If you are interested in participating in Jazz Ensemble for the 2022-23 school year please submit the above interest form by Thursday, January 13th @ 11:59pm
OTHERS ITEMS TO CONSIDER:
- PRIVATE LESSONS
- Personal private lessons with professionals on your instrument is the most efficient and quickest way to continue growth on your instrument.
- Instruments are complex and guidance from someone who has vast experience is key to development.
- Taking a lesson or two in preparation for this audition and routinely taking weekly/monthly private lessons is vital to continue growth as an instrumentalist and musician.
- INSTRUMENT SWITCHES
- If you are looking to be placed in higher ensembles and instrument switch may offer an opportunity for you.
- Just look any athletic team, healthy instrumentation [*a balance of instruments in the band program*] is crucial to the success in our ensembles.
- If you are interested in trying something new, having a new challenge here are some instruments we need:
- Woodwinds: clarinets, bass clarinets, OBOES, BASSOONS
- Brass: French horns, Baritones and Tubas
- Trumpet opportunities in the upper level bands are competitive since we have an abundance of students that play this instrument.
- Ultimately, a well instrumented band is something that is positive FOR EVERYONE INVOLVED.
Any questions regarding the audition process may be director to any BBHCSD Band Director