CONGRATULATIONS on a peak performance of our 80’s Show at the NRHS Band Festival on Saturday night… your energy and sound were outstanding! Â We received a great deal of positive feedback.
We are now starting to see what The 2017 Marching Bees are truly capable of… let’s keep it going!
Now, we turn our attention to our Homecoming and American Tribute shows… We will put our 80’s show on the shelf for a couple of weeks, and bring it back for the OSU Buckeye Invitational on 10/14! Â More info to come.
- MAILING #1 — You should be receiving the first Disney Trip mailing this week, which will contain information on the layout of the trip, the cost/payment, and other important info.
- We request that every traveler complete the TRIP COMMITMENT FORM
- All Disney info can be found here:
THIS WEEK:Â ______________________________________________
MONDAY, 9/18 – Flagline (6pm)
WEDNESDAY, 9/20 – Evening Rehearsal (6-9)
- Work Pregame + My Girl
- Homecoming Halftime Show:
- Call Me Al
- Le Regiment / Script Bees
- “An American Tribute” — continue learning music and new drill!
THURSDAY, 9/21 – Parade/Bonfire
Call Time -Â 6:30 pmÂ @ EAGLE VALLEY COURT (off of Harris Rd.)
- Students are responsible for getting TO and FROM this event on their own.
- The school will be open before the parade from 5:00-6:00 to get equipment, and after the bonfire until 9:30 to return it.
- Parade steps offÂ at 7pm, ending at the Old Stadium
- Students will be releasedÂ from the Old StadiumÂ around 9:00 pm.
- ATTIRE: JEANS and SPIRIT WEAR (or Band T-shirt)
- MUSIC: Fight Song 2xÂ for the parade. Â Pep songs for bonfire.
ORCHESTRA FUNDRAISER AT HONEY HUT:
- For parents/friends who are not marching in the band, please visit Honey Hut between 6pm-8pm to support the orchestra program! Â Details and flyer here
FRIDAY, 9/22 – HOMECOMING FB (CT – 5:30*)
- *Please note revised call time
- Pep Rally 2nd period:Â DRUMLINE will be performing (Timing TBA)
- Instrument Decoration:
- For school spirit, students are allowed to tastefully decorate their instruments for this game
- Remember, these are school spirit decorations,Â NOT simply random pieces of junk/trash, etc.
- PRIORITY #1 =Â YOUR INSTRUMENTÂ MUST PLAY PROPERLY
- PRIORITY #2 = The decorations must beÂ securely fastened to the instrumentÂ so that pieces do not fall on the field.
- Section/squad leaders: help by modeling what is appropriate, and by checking your squads and sections to make sure these guidelines are adhered to.
- EVERYONE must help to clean up the music area after the game!
LOOKING AHEAD: __________________________________
BAND CARWASH FUNDRAISER – 10/8
- Sunday, October 8th @ BP on Brecksville Rd (9:30 am-3:30 pm)
- Please sign up to help out! Â SIGNUP GENIUS PAGE HERE
For Saxophone players of all ages and abilities!