BRAVO to our Marching Bees on an excellent performance at the North Royalton Band Festival! This event is always the highlight of the season and our performance was very well-received by a huge crowd of band-loving students and fans. Videos of our performance and the mass band finale performance are below. Thank you to Jeff Mihalich for recording! Thank you also to everyone for your patience and flexibility as we dealt with inclement weather on Friday night at Strongsville.
This week is full speed ahead on Homecoming preparation. Our Marching Bees return home and perform the traditional “Script Bees”. This will be the only time the Marching Bees will perform “Script Bees” this season. Our senior class has voted to do something different for Senior Night, so make sure you attend this Friday’s Homecoming halftime show!
DEADLINE: This Thursday, September 19th, is the Homecoming music check-off deadline for all non-leaders. This Friday, September 20th is the Disney music check-off deadline for all Section Leaders and Officers.
HOMECOMING PARADE & BONFIRE
As is Homecoming tradition, the Marching Bees will be leading the Homecoming Parade on THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 19th with the bonfire to follow. This is a required performance for all students. Those who will be participating in the parade/bonfire with other school organizations must contact Mr. Rex no later than Wednesday.
Call Time – 6:30 pm @ BRECKSVILLE FIRE STATION PARKING LOT
- Students are responsible for getting TO and FROM this event on their own.
- The school will be open before the parade from 5:30pm-6:15pm to get equipment, and after the bonfire until 9:30pm to return equipment.
- Parade steps off at 7pm, ending at the Old Stadium.
- Students will be released from the Old Stadium around 9:00pm.
- ATTIRE: JEANS and SPIRIT WEAR (or Band T-shirt)
- MUSIC: Fight Song 2x for the parade. Pep songs for bonfire.
HONORS WIND ENSEMBLE
Students enrolled in Wind Ensemble have the opportunity to take the course for Honors credit. Students interested in this opportunity should contact Mr. Rex this week. There have been some changes in requirements this year to make it more flexible and consistent for students to receive Honors credit.
NATIONAL MERIT SCHOLARS
Congratulations to four of our Marching Bees for receiving accolades from the National Merit Scholarship Program!
Commended Scholars (Top 3-4%): Megan Kumar and Kevin Williams
Semi-Finalists (Top 1-2%): Nicole Flors and Kate Schwenn
KENT STATE MUSIC OPPORTUNITIES
The Kent State University School of Music has two upcoming events open to all high school students to explore their instrument further through masterclasses, workshops, and performances. These are great opportunities for students of any level. See the links below!
- Tuesday, 9/17: Marching Band Rehearsal, 6pm-9pm
- Wednesday, 9/18: Drumline Rehearsal, 6pm-9pm
- Thursday, 9/19: HOMECOMING PARADE & BONFIRE
- CT @ 6:30pm at Brecksville Firestation
- Homecoming Check-Off Deadline for non-leaders
- Friday, 9/20: HOME FOOTBALL vs. Stow, CT @ 5:45pm
- DISNEY music check-off deadline for Section Leaders/Officers
- Tuesday, 9/24: Drumline Rehearsal, 6pm-9pm
- Wednesday, 9/25: Marching Band Rehearsal, 6pm-9pm
- Thursday, 9/26: Flagline Rehearsal, 6pm-9pm
- Friday, 9/27: AWAY FOOTBALL vs. Hudson, CT @ 4:45pm
- DISNEY music check-off deadline for Squad Leaders/Librarians