Dear Parents and Students —
Although rainy, FridayÂ wasÂ still a good night! Â The team held on to their lead, to make us 3-0, and the band performed admirably, putting on an energetic and entertaining show despite the wet conditions. Â Nice work, students!
Special thanks to the group of Flagline and Drumline students, pictured below, who represented the band by performing along the route for the Susan G. Komen race on a windy & wet Saturday morning. Â CLASS ACT!Â
Now, we turn our attention to a BUSY and exciting week ahead:
MONDAY, 9/14 – Flagline Practice (6pm-9pm)
WEDNESDAY, 9/16 – Evening Rehearsal (6pm-9pm)
- CONGA TRUMPET AUDITIONS – 5:30 pm (theory room)
- Music & audio for the trumpet combo can be found here
- REHEARSAL AGENDA:
- WorkÂ New Music:
- Conga, Shake it Off, Beat It, Le Reg, God Bless USA
- BeÂ sure to have ALL NEW MUSICÂ in your flip folder!
- Work new drill for CONGA
- Polish our Pregame show
- Rehearse NRHS Festival show
- WorkÂ New Music:
THURSDAY, 9/17 – Percussion Rehearsal (6pm-9pm)
FRIDAY, 9/18 – HOME FB vs. Cuyahoga Falls (CT 5:45)
- Elementary Pep Rallies – LEADERS, please volunteer to perform at one of two pep rallies that will be held after school: one at Highland and one at Hilton. Â CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP
- 8th Grade Night – We will be welcoming an unprecedentedÂ 52 8th graders to join us for the game… Let’s show them what they have to look forward to as members of the Marching Bees next year!
SATURDAY, 9/19 – North Royalton HS Band Festival (CT 5:00)
- This is our only Band Festival for the season. Â As always, attendance is mandatory!
- For a bit of explanationÂ on the “what and why” of festivals, please see below…
- The festival begins at 7:00 pm
- Gates open at 6:00. Â Admission is $6.00
- Students will have an opportunity to visit concessions
- Estimated return time: 10:30 pm
- PERFORMANCE ORDER:
- North Royalton HS Pregame Show
- Field HS
- Padua Franciscan HS
- Woodridge HS
- Strongsville HS
- Berea-Midpark HS
- Riverside HS
- Copley HS
- Brecksville-Broadview Heights HS
- North Royalton HS Competition Show
- Presentation of Plaques
- Mass Band Performance of “God Bless the USA”
Why attend Band Festivals?
This legitimate question is sometimes raised by students and parents. Each year, the Marching Bees traditionally attend at least oneÂ Band Festival. We have appeared in events at Lakewood, Midpark, Medina, Parma, and North Royalton, among others. These festivals present an opportunity for HS Bands to showcase, in front of a knowledgeable, attentive, and appreciative audience, all of the hard work that they have invested throughout the season! It is a supportive and exciting environment, and one in which bands tend to perform at their highest level, earningÂ a great sense of accomplishment and pride.
The other valuable aspect of this experience is that students are observing performances from other high school bands, in a non-competitive setting. In this way, we can all learn from each otherâ€¦ we see things that we can strive for, and learn to appreciate areas in which we excel. Â Participation in these festivals presents a unique and memorable educational/performance opportunity for our band students!
Thank you all for your continued efforts and support —