CONGRATS ON A GREAT FIRST GAME!
StudentsÂ – you have much to be proud of!Â Monday, we will reflect on our successes, as well as those areas in which we need to improve. Â G.B.E.Game!
ParentsÂ – THANK YOU to all chaperones, game snack helpers, equipment carriers, etc.! Â We could not do it without you.
THIS WEEK: ____________________________________________________
MONDAY, 8/31 – Flagline Practice (6pm-9pm)
TUESDAY, 9/1 -Â Percussion Rehearsal (6pm-9pm)
- Band Boosters Meeting @ 7pmÂ – Room 059 (hallway outside band room)
WEDNESDAY, 9/2 – Evening Rehearsal (6pm-9pm)
- 5:30 pm – LEADERSHIP MEETINGÂ (Room 059)
- We will be aligningÂ Parade Block vocals/moves/traditions for greater uniformity… be there if you want your voice to be heard!
- HALFTIME MEMORIZATION CHECKSÂ for all winds will take place during the Wednesday night rehearsal. Â More info to come.
- BUS LIST SIGNUPS will be posted at 5:15 that night. Â These will be the lists for the entire season.
THURSDAY, 9/3 – BBHHS Open House (7pm)
- Parents: Come to the AUD during your child’s CONCERT BAND PERIOD.
- 5th PeriodÂ – Symphonic Band
- 6th PeriodÂ – Concert Winds & Wind Ensemble
- Jazz Ensemble will play up in the Cafe at the beginning of the night
FRIDAY, 9/4 – AWAY FB @ GARFIELD HEIGHTS (CT – 4:45)
- Our first AWAY GAME!
- When we travel, our motto gains even greater significance… we are representing our band, our school, and our communities! Â Nothing less than 100% CLASS ACT conduct is acceptable.
- Guidelines for travel will be reviewed this week.
PREGAME MEMORIZATION CHECKS
- Memorization checks were due this past Friday. Â If not yet completed, it is the student’s responsibility to see a director to schedule the test. Â If a student scored below 30 points, they will be requiredÂ to come back and retest, when they are more proficientÂ with the memorization. Â All students are welcome to retake if desired.
SUSAN G. KOMEN RACE – September 12
- Percussion/Flagline volunteers – I need your waivers &Â perm. slips ASAP!
NEW SHOW MUSIC COMING SOON!