March is here which means many opportunities to hear our music programs and celebrate Music In Our Schools Month! We hope you plan to attend band concerts at both the high school and middle school, as well as the annual MIOSM Pancake Breakfast on March 21st that will feature all facets of the BBHCSD music program.
WINTER BAND CONCERT – MARCH 4TH
We hope you are all making plans to attend the Winter Band Concert on Wednesday, March 4th at 7pm in the BBHHS Auditorium. The concert will feature Symphonic Band, Intermediate Band, Concert Winds, and Wind Ensemble. Students are REQUIRED to stay for the entire concert as part of their grade. Jazz Ensemble will be featured at Pancake Breakfast on March 21st and the Ashland University Jazz Festival on March 20th.
BBHMS BAND CONCERT RECEPTION
We invite our high school band students and families to attend the Middle School Bands Winter Concert on Thursday March 12th at 7pm. It will feature Jazz Band, 6th, 7th, and 8th grade bands. After the concert (around 8:15) there will be a desert reception in the cafeteria where we need high school band members to be present and available to talk with all MS Band students about the HS Band Program. If you intend to apply for a leadership position for the 2020-2021 school year, this is a great recruitment event to include on your application.
FINAL PAYMENT: The final payment for the trip was due this weekend. If you were not able to make it to Great Day Tours before they closed, please make sure you stop by their office ASAP on Monday to pay your student’s balance.
REQUIRED DATES: Please make sure you already have these dates on your calendar:
- Student/Parent Disney Trip Meeting: Monday, 3/9 @ 7:00pm
- EVERY student and at least one PARENT is REQUIRED to attend.
- All forms that went out in the Disney mailing are due that this meeting.
- Disney Rehearsals: Wednesday, 3/25 & Monday, 4/6 – 6pm-9pm
OHIO STATE BANDS NIGHT
The Ohio State University will be hosting their annual Bands Night on Sunday, April 19, 2020 from 3:00pm-7:00pm. This event allows current high school junior and senior musicians (Class of 2020 and 2021) to explore opportunities for applying their talent to The Ohio State University Marching and Athletic Bands, concert bands, and jazz bands. You do not need to be a music major to keep playing your instrument after high school. If you are considering attending OSU in the future this will be a great experience! Registration is open now at this link. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Tuesday, 3/3:
- Disney Trip Chaperone Meeting – 6pm @ BBHHS
- Band Booster Meeting to follow
- Wednesday, 3/4: BBHHS Winter Band Concert – 7pm @ BBHHS
- Symphonic Band, Intermediate Band, Concert Winds, & Wind Ensemble
- Wednesday, 3/11: Wind Ensemble Evening Rehearsal, 6pm-8pm
- Monday, 3/9: MANDATORY DISNEY TRIP MEETING FOR ALL PARTICIPATING STUDENTS AND PARENTS – 7pm @ BBHHS
- Friday-Saturday, 3/13-3/14: OMEA Large Group – CANCELLED
- Friday, 3/20: Jazz Ensemble performance at Ashland University Maplerock Jazz Festival
- Saturday, 3/21: MIOSM Pancake Breakfast – 8am-12pm
- Performances by Jazz Ensemble & Wind Ensemble
- 2020 Band Camp (Required)
- Week 1: July 27-31
- Week 2: August 3-7