Greetings,Â Parents and Students.Â Please read the following info… there is a lot going on, and a lot coming up — THANK YOUÂ for all that you do!
This was a big weekend for the “busy bees” of the BBHHS Band:
- ALL-STATE BAND – Congratulations to Chas Backman, Jasper Jones, Nick Mihalich, and Ava Traum on a fantastic performance with the 2017 All-State Band on Friday night! Â They even got to meet composer John MackeyÂ (pictured in cat-eye sweater below) after the concert.
- MONSTERS GAME – The Pep Band, under the direction of Mr. Hanna, performed at the Lake Erie Monsters game on FridayÂ night. Â Great job spreading the Pep (and ketchup) in the arena! Â Keep up the great work.
- INDOOR DRUMLINE COMPETITION – TheÂ Indoor Drumline, under the leadership of Jonathan Monacelli, earned a SECOND PLACE FINISH in their first competition of the season! Â They performed this Sunday at Olentangy High School near Columbus. Â Congrats!
- JACK WOLF ARTICLE – The website “flomarching.com” has published a really nice article on our very own Jack Wolf. Â CLICK HERE to read the article… we are proud of you, Jack!
THIS WEEK: ___________________________
- BAND BOOSTERS MEETING – Tuesday @ 7pm
- STATE SENDOFF – FridayÂ @ 1:30pm (Wrestling)
- “COMMUNITY ART NIGHT” – Friday @ 7pm (BUMC)
- Hosted by the Brecksville United Methodist Church… this is aÂ great opportunity to perform your prepared solo before S&EÂ on Saturday!
- A community event geared forÂ youth to express themselves through spoken word, performance of instrumental music or vocal sets, display art work for show, or for sale, and sing some karaoke. A hot cocoa bar, coffee/tea station, creativity table, and other savory and sweet snacks will be provided.Â Contact Adrienne LeskaÂ at firstname.lastname@example.org. RSVP by Tuesday.
SOLO AND ENSEMBLE – Saturday, 2/11
- We have almost 70 band students participating — a record number!
- For allÂ vitalÂ information,Â visit the SOLO & ENSEMBLE PAGE
LOOKING AHEAD:Â ___________________________
The Ashland University Jazz Orchestra will be presenting a FREE joint concert with the BBHHSÂ Jazz Ensemble on Thursday, 2/16 @ 7:00 pm! Â With an exciting program featuring a wide variety of jazz styles, including swing, latin, dixieland, and funk, there is something for everyone…Â Please join us for an evening of great music!
LOOKING FURTHERÂ AHEAD: ________________________
- MID-WINTER BAND CONCERT -Â 3/2 @ 7pm
- MUSIC DEPT. PANCAKE BREAKFAST – 3/4
- Performances will include Jazz Ensemble and Wind Ensemble
- VOLUNTEERS WILL BE NEEDED!
- OMEA LARGE-GROUP ADJUDICATION – 3/10 or 3/11
- Required for all members of Concert Winds and Wind Ensemble.
- Schedule released two weeks prior to the event