Greetings, Band Parents and Students –
We hope that students had a great start to their school year… this week, things start to get “real” for the Marching Bees!
MONDAY, 8/24 – Flagline Practice (6pm-9pm)
WEDNESDAY, 8/26Â â€“ Rehearsal &Â “MEET THE BAND” NIGHT!
- Students will wear theirÂ black band T-shirtÂ for the preview show!Â
- Have your FLIP FOLDER
- 6:00 pm â€“Â RehearsalÂ
- 8:30 pm â€“ “MEET THE BAND” PREVIEW SHOW!
- Tell your family, teachers, friends, etc.! Â Our Band Boosters have some special things planned, and ourÂ 5th grade band recruitment meeting that night will culminate at the show. Â Should be a great crowd!
THURSDAY, 8/27Â -Â Percussion Rehearsal (6pm-9pm)
- Includes performance @ Chippewa Elementary
- Jonathan Monacelli will be providing more info in band Monday
- PERCUSSION LESSON SIGNUPS will be posted soon
FRIDAY, 8/28Â â€“ FIRST FOOTBALL GAME vs. PaduaÂ (CT – 5:45)
- GAME DAY is a greatÂ opportunity to put all 3 facets of our motto on display…
- “Look Good, Sound Good, Be a Class Act.”
PREGAMEÂ MEMORIZATION CHECKSÂ â€“ Must be completed by FRIDAYÂ 8/28
All WindsÂ must complete aÂ Pregame Memorization Check by FRIDAY. Â Checks are worth 40 points (10 points per song). Â Students areÂ allowed to perform inÂ groups of 2 or 3, on the same instrument.Â Signups are posted outside the band office.
Students who are not completely memorized willÂ continue to use flip folders until they are able to demonstrate full knowledge of the music. Remember, we â€“ and the student leaders, are here to help you! And we only sound our best withÂ 100% participation!
Looking forward to the opportunity to perform this week… let’s see what the 2015 Marching BeesÂ can do!