Thank you everyone for a great Senior Night! We are very fortunate to have so many talented Seniors to recognize, and even though our halftime show was blessed with the rains down in Africa, our Seniors helped put together a great final home halftime show. Bravo! Please make sure all uniforms/raincoats are returned at Tuesday night’s rehearsal.
It’s hard to believe, but the last week of marching band is now here. We’ve had another great season and appreciate everyone’s work towards musical excellence in this time of transition. We cannot sayÂ THANK YOUÂ enough to our students, parents, and staff for their dedication and commitment to makingÂ The Marching BeesÂ happen! We look forward to making great music together in our concert ensembles starting next week.
CHAIR PLACEMENT AUDITIONS
- Please make sure you continue to check your school e-mail regularly for any errors that have occurred as directors access your audition submissions.
- Results will be posted online this Friday after the game.
- On Monday 10/29, we will meet in our concert ensembles:
- 5th Period = Symphonic Bands (Crimson and Gold)
- 6th Period = Concert Winds and Wind Ensemble
- Students – plan ahead if you need to make a lunch schedule change!
MARINE BAND AT BBHHS – OCTOBER 31ST
On Wednesday, October 31st we will have some guests from “The President’s Own” United States Marine Band at BBHHS. Students from Concert Winds and Wind Ensemble will be treated to a performance from a brass quintet and have an opportunity for Q&A with the Marine Band musicians. Following the brass quintet performance, Wind Ensemble will receive a clinic with Capt. Ryan Nowlin, Assistant Conductor and former BBHHS Director of Bands. The schedule for the morning is:
- 8:00am-8:45am – Brass Quintet performance and Q&A with all Wind Ensemble and Concert Winds students.
- 9:00am-10:00am – Wind Ensemble clinic and Q&A with Capt. Nowlin.
This can be considered an “in-school field trip.” Students will be permitted to make-up any missed work from morning classes during 6th period that day instead of reporting to band. Due to scheduling we were not able to permit all our 300 band students released from class for this event, but will seek enriching opportunities for our Symphonic Band members in the future.
CITRUS SALE PAGEÂ – Orders are due by 11/2
MONDAY, 10/22Â – Flagline Practice (6pm-9pm)
TUESDAY, 10/23Â – S.O.S.Â REHEARSAL INSIDE (6pm-9pm)
- Return all uniforms/raincoats!
- WE WILL MEET IN THE AUDITORIUM, then head to gym.
- Students will need ALL MUSIC from the season:
- Salute to America’s Finest
- Stand Tunes
- Senior Show
- Journey Show
- Roadtrip Show
- Please print out anything that you may have lost!
WEDNESDAY, 10/24Â – “SOUNDS OF THE STADIUM” @ 7pmÂ (CT – 6:15)
Admission is FREE!
- After dressing into uniform, we will assemble in the AUDITORIUM
- Full Uniform, minus hats & gloves
- Ladies may wear hair down (onlyÂ blackÂ hairÂ accessories permitted). No bandanas for any students permitted.
- TheÂ performance will conclude by 8:30 pm
- Please invite family, friends, teachers, and community members to attend.Â This is a great opportunity for folks to hear all of the music from this season in a warm, dry indoor setting!
- We will hold a 50/50 raffle, with proceeds benefitting the Flagline
THURSDAY, 10/25Â – DRUMLINE CANCELLED
FRIDAY, 10/26Â – AWAY FOOTBALL at Stow (CT – 4:30PM)
- School’s Out
- Cantina Band
SATURDAY, 10/27Â – NOTHING SCHEDULED