Our season is rolling along! Â We did a much better job Friday night of being a class act. Your improved discipline and commitment to being a class act translated into a heightened Â musical experience both at Pregame and Halftime. Bravo! THANK YOU so much to all of our chaperones, who are always so incredibly helpful. We have new music and drill to polish this week for our Journey show on Friday. Next week we start preparations for Homecoming with Script Bees, Le Regiment, and My Girl.
CALL TIME SATURDAY – NRHS Band Festival
Please take note that the call time for Saturday’s performance at the NRHS Band Festival have been moved up to 4:45pm. This is a change from the original calendar. Thank you in advance for making this adjustment.
All grades should be updated and entered into Progress Book. If you feel there is a mistake please contact Mr. Rex. In regards to music checks, students who have passed their music check received full credit. Students who attempted their music check, but did not pass received partial credit. Students who have not passed are permitted to continue working towards passing and receiving full credit provided the music is still being performed. In order to pass all tunes must be completely memorized.
There are many opportunities this year for students to participate in various Honor Bands. Honor Bands bring together the most talented students from high schools across the state and region to collaborate and put together a performance of difficult literature in a very short period of time. Students in Wind Ensemble and all students taking private lessons are great candidates for Honor Bands. Currently, we have information about Honor Bands at the following universities: University of Akron, Bowling Green State University, Capital University, Kent State University, Ohio University, and Ohio State University. BBHHS students will also have the opportunity this year to participate in the American School Band Directors Association(ASBDA) Honor Band and the OMEA District 4 Honor Band. Deadlines are approaching soon, so any Wind Ensemble students or students taking private lessons should contact Mr. Rex ASAP if interested in any of these honor bands. Let’s have great representation from BBHHS!
AMAZON SMILE -Â Support Our Band Boosters!
Are you an active Amazon user? Did you know you could be helping out our Band Boosters with the purchases you make through Amazon? Please go through the Band Boosters’ “Amazon Smile” account. It does not cost you anything, but it allows the Band to receive income from your purchases!
To use Amazon Smile, all you need to do is….
….Then just go about your normal shopping. What an easy way to support the band program that doesn’t cost you anything extra!
Monday, 9/10Â -Â Flagline Practice (6pm-9pm)
Tuesday, 9/11Â -Â Nothing Scheduled
Wednesday, 9/12Â – Evening Rehearsal (6pm-9pm)
- Journey Show
- Road Trip Show
- Pregame: 8th Grade Band members will be in attendance to practice for Friday night!
Thursday, 9/13Â -Â Drumline Rehearsal (6pm-9pm)
Friday, 9/14Â -Â HOME FB vs. Hudson (CT â€“ 5:45pm)
- 8th Grade Band Night
- We will welcome ourÂ 8thÂ grade band students to join us at the game! They will be performing with us at Pregame and in the stands. Let’s use this opportunity to give them a great FIRST IMPRESSION of The Marching Bees with all 3 facets of our motto on display.
- Journey Show
Saturday, 9/15Â – NRHS FESTIVAL (CHANGE: CT – 4:45pm)
- Please note the changed call time.
- This is our only band festival this season and a fantastic opportunity to present our awesome Road Trip show to an enthusiastic crowd, in an outstanding stadium!
- Â As always,Â attendance is mandatory
- Curious about WHY we attend band festivals?Â CLICK HERE
- The festival begins atÂ 7:00 pm (gates open at 6pm)
- Admission (at the door) – $6.00 adult, $4.00 student
- BBHHS Students will have an opportunity to visit concessions
- Estimated return time: 11:00 pm
- PERFORMANCE ORDER: TBD