Students and Parents,
Please note the following information, which should get us through the end of the school year! Â Please remember that all band students will continue reporting to band 6th period, through the rest of the year (including the Final Exam).
Symphonic Band students should be reporting to their assigned 5th period lunch/study hall periods, as they were during the fall marching season. Â No students should be taking a double lunch, or roaming the hallways!Â If your assigned study hall is full, you may come to the auditorium after checking in there for attendance.
THIS WEEK: _________________________________________
BAND BANQUET – Monday 5/22
- BBHHS Cafeteria
- Doors open 5:30
- Dinner 6:00
- All are welcome! Â If you would still like to come, you may pay at the door!
Honors AssemblyÂ -Â Tuesday, 5/23 (AM)
- Commencement Band -Â Check into 1st per. and meet in the gym
- Attire: Gentlemen in a tie, ladies in a long skirt or dress pants
- Grab instruments, check into 1st period, then head directly to the Gym
- PERC â€“ Please plan to come early to help transport equipment to the gym
Pres/VP Voting -Â Tuesday, 5/23 (6th)
- We will meet in the auditorium (no instruments) for voting
- Please show respect for everyone’s campaign… do not move or take down anyone’s signs!
Outdoor MB Rehearsal: Weds, Thurs, Fri
COMMENCEMENT -Â Saturday, 5/27
- CT â€“ 10:30 AM (Commencement Band only)
- Eat a good breakfast, and bring a snack with you for later!
- PERC â€“ Please arrive early to help load the truck
- Attire â€“ Gentlemen: coat and tie, Ladies: long dress or dress pants.
- Commencement begins @ 1:00 pm
- Return time â€“ approx. 3:30 pm
NEXT WEEK: ________________________________________________
MEMORIAL DAY PARADES -Â Monday, 5/29
CALL TIME – 7:30 AM
- Light breakfast food will be provided
- SENIORS are encouraged to attend — We would love to have you with us for one last performance!
- 9:00 am – Broadview Heights Parade
- Line upÂ in the Crossings Shopping Center on W. Royalton Rd., moving down Rt. 82 and Broadview Rd., and concluding with a ceremony at the Broadview Center
- 10:30 am – Brecksville Parade
- Line upÂ behind City Hall, and conclude with a ceremony in the Brecksville Cemetary.
- We will bus back to the band room, arriving @ approx. 12:00 noon.
ATTIRE – Summer uniform (NEW band polo, “official” black shorts, athletic shoes.) – PLEASE TRY ON YOUR SUMMER UNIFORM! If you need a different size, please let us know as soon as possible.
Flagline members — please turn in pep skirts upon your return to the high school
Seniors — be sure to return school instruments to Mrs. Astey immediately upon our return to the HS. Please consider donating your summer uniform, as well!
We look forward to this very important and special dayâ€¦ see you along the parade routes!
BAND FINAL EXAM -Â Tuesday, 5/30
- All students will report for the 6th PERIOD EXAM (11:40-1:10)
- The exam will consist of Drum Major auditions (playing the Star Spangled Banner) and voting for the remainder of our Officer positions.
- All school instruments must be turned in at the conclusion of the final exam!
TUESDAY AFTER SCHOOL = Drum Major auditions, Pt. 2 (marching, commands, and interview).
17-18 LEADERSHIP POSTED -Â Thursday, 6/1
- All Leadership results will be posted online on Thursday after school.
- Please understand — There are many factors that go into these leadership selections, many difficult decisions involved, and often many more qualified students than there are available positions!
- Please be sensitive to others in the way that you either celebrate, or grieve, the results. Â We are very confident that we will have a fantastic leadership team to begin the 17-18 school year.
THANK YOU for another great year!
And, of course… Keep an eye out for the Summer Mailing!