Here we go — After hours of rehearsal and preparation, students will finally have the chance to perform on the field this week! Please read carefully below for important information and updates, as our season really gets going:
CHIPOTLE FUNDRAISER – Thank you to all who came out to Chipotle last week to support the band… we made $1,376.05! This will help us continue to pay for our new truck. Special recognition to Band President Ava Traum and Vice President Evan Luikart, who organized the event — great job!
CEDAR POINT – Kudos to our students, who performed well and were a class act all day! A great first travel for the Marching Bees.
PREGAME MEMORIZATION CHECKS – All students should have their Pregame music memorized by our first game on Friday! We will be assessing this week… students will sign up for a time to play for a Director, in groups of 5.
THIS WEEK: ______________________________
MON, 8/21 – First day of school
- All students will report to band 6th Period
- Plan to go outside every day — which means having appropriate footwear!
- If you do not wear athletic shoes to school, then you must bring a pair to change into for the band period (some students just keep an old pair in their band locker).
- FLAGLINE PRACTICE – 6pm-9pm
WEDS, 8/23 – Rehearsal & MEET THE BAND
- Rehearsal begins at 6:00 pm
- Our “MEET THE BAND” preview show will begin at 8:30 pm
- Students will wear their SUMMER UNIFORM for the preview show (there will be an opportunity to change into the uniform prior to the performance)
- Please spread the word — We would love to see the stands full of support for the students, and look forward to welcoming many of our incoming 5th grade band members & parents!
- DRUMLINE REHEARSAL (6pm-9pm)
FRI, 8/25 – HOME FB vs. O.F. (CT – 5:45)
- With our first game, let’s set the bar high for the season, putting all three aspects of our motto on display:
- Look Good
- Sound Good
- Be a Class Act
- Students who are NOT yet fully memorized must use their FLIP FOLDER for performance
- Remember to wear your black band t-shirt, and LONG black socks!
SAT, 8/26 – Susan G. Komen Race
FLAGLINE AND DRUMLINE MEMBERS – Thank you for volunteering!
- Parents will need to COMPLETE THIS VOLUNTEER WAIVER online
- Students are responsible for travel arrangements to and from the event
- Jonathan Monacelli and Grace Kubera will be supervising the group
- The race starts at 9am, and will conclude around 10:00 am.
MEETING LOCATION: Students should meet @ the corner of E.12th & St. Clair no later than 8:00 am!
- See location circled on the map below (click on the map for more detail):
THIS WEEK: ____________________________________
Thursday, 8/17 – Evening Rehearsal (6-9)
Saturday, 8/19 – CEDAR POINT
- CALL TIME – 7:30 AM
- We will perform in the park at approximately 10:00 am.
- Attire: Summer Uniform (black shorts, red polo, athletic shoes)
- You may bring a change of clothes to wear in the park after we perform (there are restroom facilities near our buses)
- Bring Money for Lunch and Dinner!
- Return Time: Approximately 10:00 pm.
Other items to note:
- If you have a season pass, please let us know (if you have not already done so)
- If you are planning NOT to travel with the band either to or from Cedar Point, we must have a note from a parent, detailing the arrangement.
- If meeting us at the park, students are not permitted to drive themselves. You must be driven by an adult.
NEXT WEEK: _____________________________________
Monday, 8/21 – 1st Day Pep Band
We are off to a solid start! More will be expected of you this week, and we have much to accomplish together… Get a good night’s sleep tonight!
- Monday – 8:00 am ON STAGE, with lyre/flip folder full of SHEET MUSIC.
- Bring a Lunch – students are not permitted to leave the school for lunch
- Dinner Break: plan ahead – from 3:00-6:00, all students must leave the school
- Take care of yourself – eat BREAKFAST, drink WATER, wear SUNSCREEN!
THEMES & ACTIVITIES:
All students are encouraged to participate! Each day has 2 themes, one for the daytime session (8am-3pm), and one for the evening session (6pm-9pm). Prizes will be awarded.
- Day Theme: America Monday (red, white, and blue)
- Evening Theme: Holidays (Christmas, halloween, new year’s, etc.)
- Evening Activity: POOL PARTY @ Brecksville Rec Center
- Day Theme: Teams (sports, cavs, browns, etc)
- Evening Theme: Twins
- Evening Activity: OLYMPIC NIGHT
- Day Theme: Wayback Day (decades)
- Evening Theme: Pajamas
- Evening Activity: SENIOR NIGHT (seniors only)
- Day Theme: Disney
- Evening Theme: Tropical
- Evening Activity: SKIT NIGHT
- Day Theme: Color Day (every section wears a different color)
- JOKE SUBMISSION FORM – We are collecting clean & appropriate jokes, to be read during rehearsal when we need a bit of levity to break up the hard work… please SUBMIT YOUR JOKES HERE!
- BAND STAFF AMA FORM – What do you want to learn about the band staff? We are providing an opportunity to “ask me anything” of any staff member. ASK ME ANYTHING HERE!
To get in the spirit of the 80’s… please enjoy these pictures of Mrs. Astey and Mr. Wyse! Apparently we had the same barber…
A huge THANK YOU to all Band Booster officers, committee chairs, parents, and students who volunteered to help with Uniform Fitting Nights! It is an enormous undertaking, with many moving parts, and your contributions are invaluable.
PICTURE DAY TOMORROW:
- CALL TIME – 8:00 am (band room)
- Approximate end time – 10:00 am
- What to wear:
- Black marching t-shirt
- Long black socks & Dinkles (if shoes are on order, any shoe is ok… we will hide your feet)
- Any comfortable shorts underneath the uniform
- Students are encouraged to write their name on the inside of their shoes and t-shirts, since they all look the same!
- NO instruments for full group picture (except tubas & flags). Instruments may be used for individual photos if desired.
- Picture forms will be turned in directly to the photographers
Students will report to the band room, then get changed into their full marching uniform (minus hats and gloves). We will meet in the auditorium then head to the Gym for pictures.
Students will be dismissed from the gym at the conclusion of the photo (approximately 10am). Individual photos are taken after the group shot, so those students should plan to stay a little longer.
We are off to a great start! More info to come about next week’s camp…
Please read the following information carefully!
Parents, it is best if you accompany your child on this night. Students, it is best if you wear athletic shorts, t-shirts, and socks to make it easier to try on garments.
Uniform Fitting Night #1: Tuesday, 8/1
- SENIORS (6:00-7:30)
- JUNIORS (7:30-9:00)
Uniform Fitting Night #2: Wednesday, 8/2
- SOPHOMORES (6:00-7:30)
- FRESHMEN (7:30-9:00)
CREDIT CARDS ACCEPTED*
For paying the booster fees*, MasterCard, VISA, and Discover will be accepted at checkout. A minimal service charge will be added to your total, to cover the cost of the transaction. Upon checkout, the credit card will be swiped through a “PayPal Here” device. No credit card numbers will be recorded or saved. (Click here for more information about the “PayPal Here”device)
- *Please note – Credit Cards can NOT be used for the District $100 Participation Fee (this fee is paid directly to BBHHS, rather than to Band Boosters), so a check will be needed.
WHAT IS COLLECTED AT FITTING NIGHT?
1. Participation Fee – $100 (Check payable to “BBHHS” — no credit cards accepted)
2. Other Payments (Check to “BBHHS Band Boosters,” or Credit Card):
- Band Booster Fee – $120 (most families already paid this last Spring)
- Cedar Point – $38/ticket (optional)
- Instrument Rental Fee – $25 (if applicable)
- Accessories: Yard signs, Spirit Wear, Uniform parts, Lyre/Flip Folder, etc.
3. ALL FORMS
- Medical Forms, Booster Forms, Handbook Contracts, etc.
- Please review your summer mailing for a complete list of forms.
- If anything is missing from your packet, it can be found on the FORMS PAGE.
A special thank you to our Band Booster leadership, and all of the volunteers who make this monumental undertaking possible! We look forward to seeing everyone soon!