INFORMATIONAL LETTER – Read this first!
- Please let Mr. Rex know of any conflicts or cancellations by Friday, 2/1.
- Have your ORIGINAL music, with MEASURES NUMBERED!
- Mr. Rex will keep all ensemble scores and soloists he has been coaching.
- Know your required SCALES/RUDIMENTS (see below)
- NO RECORDINGS are allowed in the rooms (performer will be disqualified)
- Winds and Percussion will warm up in the Gym
- Dress Professionally!
- Arrive at least 45 minutes before your event
- Take time to warm up, but don’t overplay!
- There is likely FOOD for purchase in the cafe, where you can see your ratings & purchase medals if desired.
- ENJOY THE EXPERIENCE! Remember, the adjudicators are rooting for you… they are on your side, and they WANT you to do WELL.
- We always play our best when we are relaxed.
North Ridgeville High School (click for map)
34600 Bainbridge Rd
North Ridgeville, OH 44039
SCALE / RUDIMENT REQUIREMENTS:
WINDS / MELODIC PERCUSSION:
- High School trombone and melodic keyboard soloists will be asked by the adjudicator to perform two major scales from the list below (no chromatic scale).
- All other wind soloists will be asked by the adjudicator to perform one chromatic scale (using appropriate chromatic fingerings) and one major scale.
- Scales for all instruments are to be played evenly and smoothly, ascending and descending, one octave, except for Bb Soprano Clarinet which plays two octaves. Each tone of the scale should be at a speed of quarter note = 80-120 beats per minute.
- Bass clef baritone and other non-transposing bass clef instruments use scales for C Instruments. Treble clef baritone uses scales for Bb Instruments.
- Class A — D, G, C, F, Bb, Eb, Ab, Db, Gb
- Class B — G, C, F, Bb, Eb, Ab, Db
- Class C — C, F, Bb, Eb, Ab
- Class A — A, D, G, C, F, Bb, Eb, Ab, Db
- Class B — D, G, C, F, Bb, Eb, Ab
- Class C — G, C, F, Bb, Eb
- Class A — E, A, D, G, C, F, Bb, Eb, Ab
- Class B — A, D, G, C, F, Bb, Eb
- Class C — D, G, C, F, Bb
- Class A — B, E, A, D, G, C, F, Bb, Eb
- Class B — E, A, D, G, C, F, Bb
- Class C — A, D, G, C, F