All Solo & Ensemble participants, please carefully read the below information letter with details for Solo & Ensemble at North Ridgeville High School Saturday, January 29th.
North Ridgeville High School (click for google map)
34600 Bainbridge Rd
North Ridgeville, OH 44039
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS! – COMING SOON
- All adjudicator scores must be numbered and original copies of the music.
- See Mr. Ciulla with questions.
- Look at the Scale Requirements below! Be prepared!
- Absolutely no recordings in performance rooms. This will automatically disqualify the performer!
- Look your best and dress professionally.
- Arrive 45-60 mins prior to your performance time.
SCALE / RUDIMENT REQUIREMENTS:
WINDS / MELODIC PERCUSSION:
- High School trombone and melodic keyboard soloists will be asked by the adjudicator to perform two major scales from the list below (no chromatic scale).
- All other wind soloists will be asked by the adjudicator to perform one chromatic scale (using appropriate chromatic fingerings) and one major scale.
- Scales for all instruments are to be played evenly and smoothly, ascending and descending, one octave, except for Bb Soprano Clarinet which plays two octaves. Each tone of the scale should be at a speed of quarter note = 80-120 beats per minute.
- Bass clef baritone and other non-transposing bass clef instruments use scales for C Instruments. Treble clef baritone uses scales for Bb Instruments.
- Class A — D, G, C, F, Bb, Eb, Ab, Db, Gb
- Class B — G, C, F, Bb, Eb, Ab, Db
- Class C — C, F, Bb, Eb, Ab
- Class A — A, D, G, C, F, Bb, Eb, Ab, Db
- Class B — D, G, C, F, Bb, Eb, Ab
- Class C — G, C, F, Bb, Eb
- Class A — E, A, D, G, C, F, Bb, Eb, Ab
- Class B — A, D, G, C, F, Bb, Eb
- Class C — D, G, C, F, Bb
- Class A — B, E, A, D, G, C, F, Bb, Eb
- Class B — E, A, D, G, C, F, Bb
- Class C — A, D, G, C, F