HAPPY NEW YEAR to the BBHHS Band Family! Â We hope that you have enjoyed a restful and enriching holiday season, and we look forward to the great musical experiences ahead this winter and spring…
17-18 BAND AUDITIONS: Due Sunday, 1/15
- ALL STUDENTS IN GRADES 8-11 must complete this audition,Â which will determine concert band placement in the 2017-2018 band program
- Seniors are exempt from this audition.
- Audition video submissions are due in TWO WEEKS. Â Please plan ahead, and budget your time to allow for adequate preparation!
- All info and materials are available on the AUDITION PAGE, located under the “Students” dropdown menu above. Â Please read all information carefully. Â
- Please read the Nov/Dec Band Newsletter, which wraps up the 2016 calendar year. Â Many thanks to Band Secretary Kelly Insana for creating the newsletter!
Band Boosters Meeting – Tuesday, 1/3 @ 7pm
Semester Exams – Tuesday, 1/10
- All Band Exams will be held on Tuesday, 1/10. Â Students will report to their band period in accordance with the exam schedule below:
- 5th Period SBÂ – 7:30am-9:00
- 3rd Period Jazz Ens – 9:10-10:40
- 6th Period CW and WE – 11:40-1:10pm
- The exam format will be that ofÂ aÂ full-band rehearsal for each ensemble, and the materials will consist ofÂ the new music in our folders, along with sight reading.
- More information will be presented to students in the daysÂ ahead.
- Recordings of all music can now be found on theÂ Reference Recording Page
- Please spend some time listening toÂ these pieces… it will give you a greater understanding of the music, and greatly benefit your preparation!