Dear Parents and Students —
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
We hit the ground running in 2018… please carefully read the information below:
AUDITIONS for 18-19 – Due 1/12
Please read the informational letter on the Audition Page for full details.
- ALL STUDENTS IN GRADES 8-11 must complete this audition, which will determine concert band placement in the 2018-2019 band program (Seniors are exempt)
- The audition timeline is determined by the HS scheduling timeline… 18-19 Class Schedules are due in mid-January
- Auditions are due Friday, January 12th (the week before semester exams)
- We encourage students to manage their time appropriately — and even complete the auditions early — to avoid added stress during the week before semester exams!
1. ROOM SIGNUPS:
- Signup sheets are posted in the band room:
- Students must sign up in groups of four.
- If you do not have someone, we will do our best to match you up
2. UNIFORM DRY CLEANING – Due 1/16
- All travelers must take your marching band uniform to ON THE SPOT CLEANERS (Corner of Royalton & Broadview Rd), between now and January 16th
- Band Boosters will cover the cost of this cleaning, up until January 16th!
- Please leave uniforms at home after cleaning
3. DISNEY MAILING:
- Coming soon!
- Will contain medical forms and other pertinent materials for the trip
- Reminder – MANDATORY TRIP MEETING ON MARCH 5th @ 7pm
4. TRIP PAYMENT #2 – Due February 15th
MORE CHAPERONES NEEDED!
Parents — we have a very large group of travelers, and will need “all hands on deck!” Please consider joining us as a chaperone… we are so appreciative of your time and help — thank you!
MIDTERM EXAMS – Tuesday, 1/16
- All Band Exams will be held on Tuesday, 1/16
- Students will report to their scheduled band period
- The exam format will include:
- Full-band rehearsal for each ensemble (music in folders)
- Listening & Analysis
- Sight Reading
- Students will be assessed on both musicianship and rehearsal etiquette
- More information will be presented to students in the days ahead.
SOLO & ENSEMBLE – Saturday, 1/20
- Students are responsible for all info on the SOLO & ENSEMBLE PAGE!
- Event times will be released as soon as we receive them
- If being accompanied by Mrs. Astey or Mr. Wyse, students must sign up for a time to practice with them.
- Ensembles must also sign up for a time to be coached
- SIGNUP IS ON THE BAND DOOR BY THE OFFICE:
Please mark your calendars:
BAND CAMP 2018
WEEK 1: July 30-August 3
- Half-days (8am-Noon)
WEEK 2: August 6-10
- Full days (8am-3pm; 6pm-9pm)