Please carefully look through the below documents regarding the audition process for the 2021-2022 school year. These auditions will also determine part/chair assignments for the current 2020-2021 school year.
ALL current BBHHS concert band students are required to complete this audition.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR CURRENT BBHHS BAND MEMBERS
MUSIC FOR AUDITIONS
WHERE TO SUBMIT AUDITION(S) & DEADLINES:
- Concert Band AUDITION FORM *DUE BY DECEMBER 16TH*
- FOR INCOMING FRESHMEN – *DUE BY JANUARY 20TH*
- Jazz Band AUDITION FORM *DUE BY JANUARY 6TH*
After Submitting, Check HERE. Please check when the list was updated before e-mailing a director for confirmation.
For your information: SCORING RUBRIC
OTHERS ITEMS TO CONSIDER
- PRIVATE LESSONS
- Personal private lessons with professionals on your instrument is the most efficient and quickest way to continue growth on your instrument.
- Instruments are complex and guidance from someone who has vast experience is key to development.
- Taking a lesson or two in preparation for this audition and routinely taking weekly/monthly private lessons is vital to continue growth as an instrumentalist and musician.
- Check this list of teachers!
- INSTRUMENT SWITCHES
- If you are looking to be placed in higher ensembles and instrument switch may offer an opportunity for you.
- Just look any athletic team, healthy instrumentation [*a balance of instruments in the band program*] is crucial to keeping positive experiences.
- If you are interested in trying something new, having a new challenge here are some instruments we need
- Woodwinds: clarinets, bass clarinets, oboes, bassoons
- Brass: French horns, trombones, baritones and tubas
- Alto saxophone and trumpet opportunities in the upper level bands are competitive since we have an abundance of students that play these instruments.
- Ultimately, a well instrumented band is something that is positive FOR EVERYONE INVOLVED.
Any questions regarding the audition process should be directed to Mr. Ciulla.