Band Camp begins this week!
Please review the packet that was sent to your home in June for detailed information.Â If you have misplaced any materials, everything is available on theÂ FORMSÂ page.
BAND CAMP SCHEDULE:
WEEK #1 (8am â€“ Noon each day)
- July 31 â€“ Leadership only
- August 1* â€“ Leadership + All New Members
- New members must bring completed medical forms on this day
- PIZZA LUNCH provided for you @ 11:30!
- August 2 & 3 – ALL BAND MEMBERS
- August 4 â€“ ALL BAND MEMBERS (Picture Day)
- August 7-10 (8am â€“ 3pm; 6pm â€“ 9pm; + Opt. Evening Activities)
- August 11 (8am â€“ 4pm)
UNIFORM FITTINGSÂ â€“ 8/1 & 8/2 (6pm-9pm)
- Tuesday, 8/1Â -Â Juniors & Seniors
- Wednesday, 8/2Â – Freshmen & Sophomores
Please remember to bring all completed forms, and a checkbook
If you have not yet signed up, text 81010 with the subject @parentbee or @studentbee
- As usual, every student is being asked toÂ PRINT ALL MUSIC and have it loaded in your Flip Folder byÂ AUGUST 7th. Â The password was sent via Remind.
- LYRES & FLIP FOLDERS are required of all members, andÂ may be purchased at uniform fitting nights (percussion are exempt). Â To ensure effective music memorization,Â students MUST have their lyre, flip folder, and all music, for every rehearsal.
- Make sure to double check yourÂ PART ASSIGNMENT,Â to print the correct part (this will be checked). Please come prepared! If you do not have access to a printer, let us know.
- MEMORIZATION –Â Our goal is for every student to have at least theÂ music for PregameÂ memorizedÂ by the end of band camp. Â As of today, you have almost two weeks! Also, you will have a great deal of repetition at camp, and extra help from leaders and staff members.
Students will need to bring instruments (in working order) to camp onÂ Thursday, August 6th.
- For instrument inventory & assignment, the following school instruments should be dropped off in the band room by WEDNESDAY morning @8am: ALL tubas, sousaphones, mellophones, horns and trombones. They will be reassigned and available for pickup on Thursday morning
As always, we will make every effort to compromise with school athletic tryouts, practices, scrimmages, etc. Â The key to this is communication — Please let us know your athletic schedule, and we will talk with your coaches. Â We will be meeting with all student-atheletes at some point during camp.
Please contact any of the band staff with any questions you may have. We look forward to getting started!