Students – THANK YOU for another great game on Friday night! Â You performed very well, withÂ our debut of new music, and we look forward to “stepping it up” even more in the weeks ahead. Â As we reach the halfway point of our season, it is vital that we guard against apathy, and resist the tendencyÂ to “plateau”… we have many exciting goals yet to accomplish, and many new crowds for which to perform! Â
**Le Regiment music checksÂ are requiredÂ to be completed by Friday!Â All windsÂ must play Le Regiment for their Squad Leader by Friday (leaders will play for Directors). Â Note â€“ this is NOTÂ a â€œmemorization check.â€ It is more important that you can play the music accurately, with your flip folder, than to perform from memory. However, if you prove memorization, you may march without the flip folder.
MONDAY, 9/28 – Flagline Practice (6pm-9pm)
TUESDAY, 9/29Â â€“ Evening Rehearsal (6pm-9pm)
5:30 pm – LEADERSHIP MEETING!
- Mid-seasonÂ is an important time to reflect on the goals that we set in August. Â Please be on time, we will start right at 5:30.
- HALFTIME MUSIC/DRILL:
- Shake it Off
- Beat It / Man in the Mirror – NEW DRILL
- PREGAME (including “My Girl” for Homecoming court)
- LE REGIMENT/SCRIPT BEES
Please have all music in your flip folder! Â SHEET MUSIC PAGE
WEDNESDAY, 9/30Â â€“ Percussion RehearsalÂ (6pm-9pm)
THURSDAY, 10/1Â – Homecoming Parade and Bonfire
Call Time -Â 6:30 pmÂ @Â BRECKSVILLEÂ FIRE STATION**
- **Students are responsible for getting TO and FROM this event on their own.Â The school will be open before the parade from 5:00-6:00 for students to get their equipment, and after the bonfire until 9:30 to return it. The parade will step off at 7:00 pm. We will march down Rt. 21, to the Old Stadium, and play pep music during the bonfire.
- Students will be releasedÂ from the Old StadiumÂ around 9:00 pm.
- ATTIRE: JEANS and RED & GOLD (Spirit Wear)
- MUSIC: Fight Song (twice through) for the parade. Â Pep songs for bonfire.
FRIDAY, 10/2Â â€“ HOMECOMING FB vs. Nordonia (CT 5:30)
- Pep Rally during school:Â DRUMLINE will be performing (Timing TBA)
- Instrument Decoration:
- As a long-standing tradition, students are allowed to decorate their instrumentsÂ tastefullyÂ for this game.
- PRIORITY #1 = YourÂ instrument MUST PLAY PROPERLY
- Remember, these areÂ decorations,Â NOT simply random items or pieces of trash!
- The decorations must beÂ securely fastened to the instrumentÂ so that pieces do not fall on the field.
- Section/squad leaders: help us by modeling what is appropriate, and by checking your squads and sections to make sure these guidelines are adhered to.
All Leadership â€“ please plan to stay after the game to help clean up the music area.