It’s hard to believe that we are now past the halfway mark of our season.Â We have much still ahead of us, so let’s keep working especially with Homecoming this week!
Interim grades were submitted on Friday. Please contact Mr. Rex with any questions/concerns.
COLLEGIATE MUSIC OPPORTUNITIES
- University of Akron Music Careers Day – October 17th
- Kent State University Clarinet Day â€“ November 17th
- Kent State University Saxophone Day â€“ November 18th
MONDAY, 9/24Â – Flagline (6pm-9pm)
TUESDAY, 9/25Â – Evening Rehearsal (6pm-9pm)
- MAKE SURE YOU BRING BACK YOUR DINKLES!
- Senior Show Sectionals. Have all music in your flip folders!
- Pregame + My Girl
- Homecoming Halftime Show:
- Any Way You Want it
- Sweet Caroline
- Le Regiment / Script Bees
- Sections will be given time at the end of rehearsal to discuss Homecoming activities.
WEDNESDAY, 9/26 – Nothing Scheduled
THURSDAY, 9/27Â – Parade/Bonfire
Call Time -Â 6:30 pmÂ @ BRECKSVILLE FIRE STATION PARKING LOT
- Students are responsible for getting TO and FROM this event on their own.
- The school will be open before the parade from 5:30-6:15 to get equipment, and after the bonfire until 9:30 to return it.
- Parade steps offÂ at 7pm, ending at the Old Stadium
- Students will be releasedÂ from the Old StadiumÂ around 9:00 pm.
- ATTIRE: JEANS and SPIRIT WEAR (or Band T-shirt)
- MUSIC: Fight Song 2xÂ for the parade. Â Pep songs for bonfire.
FRIDAY, 9/28Â – HOMECOMING FB (CT – 5:45pm)
- In-School Pep Rally:Â DRUMLINE will be performing (Timing TBA)
- Instrument Decoration:
- For school spirit, students are allowed to tastefully decorate their instruments for this game IF they have My Girl and Le Regiment passed.
- Remember, these are school spirit decorations,Â NOT simply random pieces of junk/trash, etc.
- PRIORITY #1 =Â YOUR INSTRUMENTÂ MUST PLAY PROPERLY.
- PRIORITY #2 = Decorations may not cause damage to or leave any residue on school-owned instruments.
- PRIORITY #3 = Decorations may not obstruct view of drum majors.
- PRIORITY #4 = Decorations must beÂ securely fastened to the instrumentÂ so that pieces do not fall on the field.
- Section/squad leaders: help by modeling what is appropriate, and by checking your squads and sections to make sure these guidelines are adhered to. Do not jeopardize the future of this tradition!
- EVERYONE must help to clean up the music area after the game!