THANK YOU to everyone for an awesome Homecoming game and performances! We really appreciate that in all the excitement of Homecoming traditions our students delivered excellent performances and remained on-task in the stands to cheer the Bees on to an overtime victory. We are also very proud of students’ maturity in our goal to return the instrument decorating back to the original tradition that was started over 25 years ago. CONGRATULATIONS to Nicole Flors for being selected as the 2019 Homecoming Queen!
The next two weeks will be all about the preparations for our Disney show that is slated to premier October 4th. Please make sure you are practicing music at home and working towards those check-off deadlines. Let’s make this a great show!
MUSIC CHECK-OFF UPDATE
Below are the revised music check-off deadlines for the Disney Show. The second show of the season can be a challenge to check-off since we don’t have as much time and resources as when we learned show one at band camp. Please do not procrastinate on music check-offs. The sooner you have them done the easier it will be to clean the drill with music.
- Section Leaders/Officers – 9/24
- Squad Leaders/Librarians/Equipment Managers – 9/27
- All others – 10/3
CJO ANNUAL BENEFIT CONCERT
The Cleveland Jazz Orchestra’s annual benefit is on September 28th at Hawken Upper School. There will be aÂ CJOÂ concert taking place (7:30pm-9:00pm) as part of the event, and students receive a special ticket price for this concert of $10.00. Tickets will be available at the door. We are very fortunate to have a professional jazz ensemble of this caliber in Northeast Ohio. Please consider supporting the CJO and taking your students to this great concert! More information about the event can be found on the CJO website.
KENT STATE BAND DAY
Spend the day as a Marching Golden Flash! Join the Kent State University Marching Golden Flashes and Director Dr. Kate Ferguson on Saturday, October 26th for the Kent State versus Miami University game to experience the excitement of game day. Even if you’re not planning to go to Kent State someday, this is still a great opportunity to experience the atmosphere of a collegiate marching band. We have had BBHHS students participate in this before and they really enjoyed it. Students can register HERE. Please let Mr. Rex know if you plan to attend!
- Tuesday, 9/24:
- Drumline Rehearsal, 6pm-9pm
- DISNEY music check-off deadline for Section Leaders/Officers
- Wednesday, 9/25: Marching Band Rehearsal, 6pm-9pm
- Thursday, 9/26: Flagline Rehearsal, 6pm-9pm
- Friday, 9/27: AWAY FOOTBALL vs. Hudson, CT @ 4:45pm
- DISNEY music check-off deadline for Squad Leaders/Librarians
- Tuesday, 10/1: Drumline Rehearsal, 6pm-9pm
- Wednesday, 10/2: Marching Band Rehearsal, 6pm-9pm
- Thursday, 10/3:
- Flagline Rehearsal, 6pm-9pm
- DISNEY music check-off deadline for all non-leaders
- Friday, 10/4: HOME FOOTBALL vs. Cuyahoga Falls, CT @ 5:45pm