CONGRATULATIONS on wonderful performances at our home opener and the Indians! The directors have received many compliments on the sound and musicality of the band this year. You are doing great work and should be very proud of your performances. As always, thank you to our wonderful parents and band boosters for making sure our students have everything they need for successful performances!
- The goal is to have this show ready for September 14th. That means a VERY quick turn around, but with the calendar this year it may be our only opportunity to perform the show at home in its entirety. Make sure you have music printed and in your flip folders for Tuesday. Drumline – we will use the stock parts as a basis and enhance them as we go. Letâ€™s make it happen!
Kent State University Music Events
The Kent State University School of Music has a few upcoming events for high school students. These would be a great opportunity to further your musicianship and experience music at the collegiate level regardless of the major you plan to pursue. Click the links or see a director for more details!
- Kent State University Band Day – September 8th
- Kent State University Clarinet Day – November 17th
- Kent State University Saxophone Day – November 18th
There is no new music to be checked off this week. However, students that still need to pass Pregame or Show 1 should plan to do so this week. No flip folders will be allowed at the NRHS Band Festival. Students should also be planning ahead to have Show 2 checked off by next Friday, September 14th and both My Girl and Le Regiment checked off by September 28th.
Monday, 9/3Â -Â Labor Day – Nothing Scheduled
Tuesday, 9/4 -Â Evening Rehearsal/Band Booster Meeting (6pm-9pm)
- All students must have Show 2 in their flip folders.
- BAND BOOSTERS MEETING (7pm) – Room 059, adjacent to the band room
Wednesday, 9/5Â – Nothing Scheduled
Thursday, 9/6Â -Â Drumline & Flag Practice (6pm-9pm)
Friday, 9/7Â – HOME FB vs. Willoughby South (CT â€“ 5:45pm)
- This Friday is Elementary Night at the game. Stay tuned for potential pep band needs after school on Friday.
- FIELD PASSES: Due to increased security measures at home football games, school administration is requiring field passes to enter the field/track/band stands area. The band will only have enough passes for directors, staff, assigned chaperones(per Suzanne Orlando), and select guests. Unfortunately, that means parents and alumni will not have open access to come visit the band during the game as they have in the past. Students will still receive 3rd quarter off to visit with parents, friends, and alumni.
Saturday, 9/8Â – Nothing Scheduled
LOOKING AHEAD:Â NRHS BAND FESTIVAL – Sat, 9/15
- Call Time – 5:00
- A mandatory performance event for all members
- We will perform for an enthusiastic crowd, and watch several other outstanding bands!
- More information to come