Dear Band Parents and Students –
Thank you to all for an exciting weekend!Â Â The band put on another great Halftime performance on Friday night at NRHS, and proudly represented BBHHS in Progressive Field at the Indians game on Saturday.Â Great work, Students!
Also – A big THANK YOU to Karen Horvath, who sorted and organized all of the Indians ticket orders.
It was great to see the energy and camaraderie of the band, and the numerous improvements that were made from last week. CONGRATS! If we can continually improve each week throughout the season, there is no limit to what this band can accomplish.
Be sure to have all Pregame music and Stand tunes in your flip folderâ€¦ we need to get some things â€œpolishedâ€ up… If you have lost any music, be sure to download and print from the Sheet Music Page.
**Pregame Memorization Checks â€“ DUE BY FRIDAY!
Please sign up, outside the band office, for a time to perform your Pregame memorization check (please do not wait until the last minute). Checks will be done in groups of 2-3. Â Be working on this music, and demand excellence from yourselfâ€¦ our audiences deserve nothing less than 100%!
TUESDAY, 9/9 â€“ Evening Rehearsal (6-9)
- Get Pregame ready for our Home opener!
- Continue to refine and develop our Halftime Show
- Begin work on â€œLe Regimentâ€ music for Homecoming (9/26)
WEDNESDAY, 9/10 – Flagline Practice (6-9)
THURSDAY, 9/11 â€“ OPEN HOUSE @ BBHHS
Parents, we look forward to seeing you as you travel through your students’ schedules.
Note – All Band classes will meet in the AUDITORIUM, during the scheduled concert band periods:
- Period 4 – SYMPHONIC BAND
- Period 5 – CONCERT WINDS & WIND ENSEMBLE
- JAZZ ENSEMBLEÂ will perform in the Cafeteria at the beginning of the evening.
THURSDAY, 9/11 â€“ Drumline Rehearsal (6-9)
FRIDAY, 9/19 â€“ 8th Grade Night!
Letâ€™s be thinking about how we can make the 8th graders feel welcome as they join us for the game!
SATURDAY, 9/20 â€“ North Royalton Band Festival (CT 5:00)
- More info to come!
- Please remember, as with all performances,Â attendance is mandatory. This is one of only two band festival opportunities this year (the other being Hudson on 10/4), and we only look and sound our best with all members participating!
SUNDAY, 9/28 â€“ Drive 1 4UR School Fundraiser
Parent and Student volunteers are needed! Â Click the link above for information on this event.