CONGRATS on a great first game!Â WeÂ did well in all three areas: Sound, Look, and Class. Regarding Class – the Olmsted Falls grounds crew contacted Mr. Maslona to share how impressed they were with how clean we left the stands. The non-musical elements of our mission are just as important, so this isÂ AWESOME!Â Many thanks also to ourÂ chaperones and loading crew. We couldn’t do it without you!
- There have been a couple small changes to our band calendar for the year. Please make sure you check and and print off a new one HERE. All changes are marked in red.
- Currently, only FRESHMEN and SOPHOMORE Symphonic Band members will be issued green passes to leave 5th period lunch a few minutes early. This is to alleviate hallway congestion to tell all students get to the band room/field sooner for rehearsal. If you have not received your pass see Mr. Rex before school on Monday. You will not be permitted to leave early without your green pass!
- JUNIOR and SENIOR Symphonic Band members MUST be packing and eating in the band room 5th period. Attendance will be taken to make sure that these procedures are being followed. This is to help with congestion in the cafeteria during 5th period lunch.
- ALL OTHER STUDENTSÂ must follow their schedules as written. Green passes will not be issued to any other students besides FRESHMEN and SOPHOMORE Symphonic Band Members. If you need a pass to leave lunch early to do music check-offs see Mr. Rex in the morning before school.
MEMORIZATION CHECKS – Due by Friday
- ALL STUDENTS must be checked off on Pregame by Friday, August 31st.Â This includes: Across the Field, On Oh Brecksville, Alma Mater, and Star Spangled Banner. Absolutely no flip folders will be allowed at the Indians game. You MUST have the Star Spangled Banner checked off.
- Halftime Re-Checks – Students who wereÂ not memorized for halftime last week should keep practicing and play for a director, drum major, or section leader by Friday.
- We have some band families experiencing financial hardship that are in need of anonymous sponsors to help cover band fees. If you are interested in anonymous sponsorship please contact Mr. Rex.
MONDAY, 8/27Â – Flagline Practice (6pm-9pm)
TUESDAY, 8/28Â – Nothing Scheduled
WEDNESDAY, 8/29Â – HS Open House/Evening Rehearsal (6pm-9pm)
- Due to a scheduling conflict, HS Open House was moved to Wednesday during our already scheduled rehearsal time. Unfortunately, this means that directors will not be available during open house. If you would like to speak with a director please stop by the stadium or send Mr. Rex an e-mail to setup a time. We also encourage you to stop by the cafeteria during this time see various BBHHS talents on display.
- Rehearsal Goals:
- Work Pregame & HalftimeÂ – improve sound and look!
- PRACTICE SSB FOR INDIANS GAME
THURSDAY, 8/30Â – Love Rallies & Drumline Practice (6pm-9pm)
- We will need an in-school pep band to perform during the morning rally and another to perform at the evening rally. ALL student leaders will be a part of the pep band during the school day. Dress is any Bees gear. If you are interested in playing with the evening pep band please sign-up HERE.Â DRUMLINE: We will need just leaders to play in the evening again. All other drumline members will report to practice and leaders will join after rally.
FRIDAY, 8/31Â – HOME FB vs. Garfield Heights (CT – 5:45pm)
- FIELD PASSES: Due to increased security concerns at home football games, field passes will be required to enter the field/track/band stands area. The band will only have enough passes for directors, staff, assigned chaperones(per Suzanne Orlando), and select guests. Unfortunately, that means parents and alumni will not have open access to come visit the band during the game as they have in the past. If alumni know in advance they will be in attendance and wish to visit with the band during the game they should contact Mr. Rex and reserve a field pass before Friday. This is a new policy from the district administration. Please contact a school administrator with any questions/concerns.
SATURDAY, 9/1Â – Indians Game (CT – 3:45pm)
- WEAR SUMMER UNIFORM.Â For student health and safety — This is due primarily to how hot it is in the underground staging area, which we learned the last time that we visited the ballpark. There will also not be a significant opportunity for students to change, so students are encouraged to remain in summer uniform for the evening.
- BRING AÂ SACK DINNER to eat when we arrive! You will not have the opportunity to eat until we go into the ballpark (approximately 7:15pm). Â Water will be available for students.
- Family/friend/group tickets will be distributed this week after the Wednesday evening rehearsal.
- Student tickets will be heldÂ separately, and scanned together when we arrive at the ballpark. After we perform, tickets will be given out to students, and we will head in to watch the game!
TIMELINE (UPDATED – 8/28):
- 3:45 â€“ Call Time @ BBHHS
- 4:30 â€“ Departure
- 5:00 â€“ Arrive, unload, eat sack dinner/snack(LIQUIDS MUST BE FACTORY SEALED AND ALL ITEMS DISPOSABLE!)
- 5:45 – Line up, warm up, prepare to take the field
- 6:15 – Parade of Bands
- 6:35 â€“ Regroup/adjust parade block for SSB
- 6:50 â€“ Head out to field for SSB
- 6:58 â€“ PERFORM THE STAR SPANGLED BANNER!
- 7:10 â€“ Return to truck, load instruments, get tickets, go watch the game!
- 10:30 (approx) â€“ Depart
- 11:00 (approx) â€“ Return to BBHHS