THANK YOU to everyone that volunteered for Pep Band this year, and to the parents that transported students to/from games. We understand that it can be difficult to commit the extra time to participate in Pep Band, but know that your participation is very much appreciated by the directors, athletic department, and community!
WINTER BAND CONCERT – MARCH 4TH
We hope you are all making plans to attend the Winter Band Concert on Wednesday, March 4th at 7pm in the BBHHS Auditorium. The concert will feature Symphonic Band, Intermediate Band, Concert Winds, and Wind Ensemble. Students are REQUIRED to stay for the entire concert as part of their grade. Jazz Ensemble will be featured at Pancake Breakfast on March 21st and the Ashland University Jazz Festival on March 20th.
ALTERNATE TRANSPORTATION: LAST CALL! Students that will NOT be traveling on the bus with the band TO or FROM Disney must fill out the Alternate Transportation Form by TUESDAY, February 25th.
UPDATED CONTACT INFO: If you have received a new phone number or e-mail address since the original student info form last Spring, please contact Ms. Astey with updated information. We want to make sure we have the most current contact info for all parents/guardians and students before we depart for Disney.
OFFICER/BUS ASSIGNMENT MEETING: Band Officers need to plan to meet after school on Tuesday, February 25th to work on bus assignments for the Disney trip.
REQUIRED DATES: Please make sure you already have these dates on your calendar:
- Student/Parent Disney Trip Meeting: Monday, 3/9 @ 7:00pm
- EVERY student and at least one PARENT is REQUIRED to attend.
- Disney Rehearsals: Wednesday, 3/25 & Monday, 4/6 – 6pm-9pm
ATTENTION MILITARY FAMILIES
At our upcoming concert on Wednesday, March 4th, students in Symphonic Band will be performing a piece entitled “Forgotten Heroes”. During the piece, we would like to honor the military heroes of our extended band family who may not have seen fame or glory, but ultimately worked to make the world a better place. If someone in your family is currently enlisted or a retired member of the US military, please complete the form by clicking HERE!
FRESHMAN SOLO & ENSEMBLE
LAST CALL for any Freshman that would like to participate in the JH Solo & Ensemble event on Saturday, March 28th. Solos, trios, and all sorts of ensembles are possible. S&E participation is a fun way to challenge yourself to get better and looks great on band leadership/Tri-M applications. See Mr. Rex by the end of the day Tuesday if interested!
- Tuesday, 2/25: Band Officer Disney Bus Assignment Meeting – 2:45pm
- Tuesday, 3/3:
- Disney Trip Chaperone Meeting – 6pm @ BBHHS
- Band Booster Meeting to follow
- Wednesday, 3/4: BBHHS Winter Band Concert – 7pm @ BBHHS
- Symphonic Band, Intermediate Band, Concert Winds, & Wind Ensemble
- Wednesday, 3/11: Wind Ensemble Evening Rehearsal, 6pm-8pm
- Monday, 3/9: MANDATORY DISNEY TRIP MEETING FOR ALL PARTICIPATING STUDENTS AND PARENTS – 7pm @ BBHHS
- Friday-Saturday, 3/13-3/14: OMEA Large Group – CANCELLED
- Friday, 3/20: Jazz Ensemble performance at Ashland University Maplerock Jazz Festival
- Saturday, 3/21: MIOSM Pancake Breakfast – 8am-12pm
- Performances by Jazz Ensemble & Wind Ensemble