SEPTEMBER BAND BOOSTERS NEWSLETTER POSTED HERE!
(Many thanks to Michelle Shively for her outstandingÂ work on our Newsletter)
EXCELLENT WORK at our first game! Â I received the following email this weekend, which I wanted to share with you:
- Mr. Wyse and Ms. Astey – I am the mother of a 9th grade band member at Holy Name High School. I had the pleasure of watching your band perform at the football game on Friday. All I can say is â€œWOW!â€ What a talented group of young men and women. It was clear that a lot of practice went into the show, and it truly was fantastic!
It is wonderful to receive this kind of positive feedback from our audience… Students, you are off to a solidÂ start! Â We will reflect on our performance, and discuss ways in which we can improve, at our rehearsal on Tuesday evening.
TUESDAY, 9/2 â€“ Evening Rehearsal (6:00-9:00)*
Note â€“ Even though studentsÂ do not have school, we DO have rehearsal!
- Goals: Polish halftime, review Pregame, practice Postgame, review stand tunes
- We will also be voting for the Senior Show during this rehearsal
- YARD SIGNS will be available for pickup before rehearsal
Also Tuesday â€“ BAND BOOSTERS MEETING @ 7pm (Room 59)
All parents are welcomeâ€¦ your support and involvement are greatly appreciated!
WEDNESDAY, 9/3 â€“ Flagline Practice (6:00-9:00)
THURSDAY, 9/4 â€“ Percussion Rehearsal (6:00-9:00)
FRIDAY, 9/5 – Away FB @ North Royalton (CT 5:00)
SATURDAY, 9/6 â€“ Indians Game! (CT 4:15)
- Tickets will be distributed to students on Tuesday evening
- Attire will be Full Uniform
- Parade of Bands begins approx. 6:15
- Musical selection will be â€œI Want You Backâ€
- Looking forward to a fun evening!
HALFTIME MEMORIZATION CHECKS (25 pts.) â€“ Due by FRIDAY
In order to receive credit, these must be completed by Friday! Please sign up for a time on the door near the band office.
DRIVE ONE 4UR SCHOOL â€“ Sunday, 9/28
— This is a very easy opportunity to earn money for the Boosters and Student Accounts!
— Information is posted above
— We are in need of STUDENT & PARENTÂ VOLUNTEERSÂ to help
- Students: a signup sheet will be available in school
- Parents: if you can help, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for a positive start… let’s keep up the good work!