THANK YOU to everyone who attended the Sounds of the Stadium Concert and participated in Trunk or Treat! We were very proud with how MUSICAL our students played at the concert. The band sound has come a long way over the past year and we are looking forward to further development during concert season. THANK YOU to Jeff Mihalich for recording the concert!
On Monday we will begin our concert season schedule, but will reassume our marching season schedule on Fridays for as long as the football team is in playoffs. More details below!
Our Bees are in the playoffs! We will be playing Benedictine High School at Bedford High School on Friday, November 8th at 7pm. This is a REQUIRED performance for all students. If the team wins we will have another game on Friday, November 15th. This would be an away game since round two of playoff games are held at neutral sites. This again would be a REQUIRED performance. Please plan accordingly!
Which three tunes from the 2019 season would you like to hear the Marching Bees perform Friday? VOTE HERE!
CITRUS SALE ENDS TUESDAY!
Our annual Citrus Sale ends Tuesday, November 5th! This is our one and only fundraising effort to help our Marching Bees earn money for the 2020 Disney trip next year, as well as other expenses(i.e. Booster Fees) that they may incur during the band year. All orders must be made online HERE. SELL, SELL, SELL!!!
CONCERT BAND SCHEDULE*
Chair Placement results were posted last week. Beginning MONDAY this week, we will assume our concert band season schedule. The band block is as follows:
- 5th Period – Symphonic Band (lunch 6th period)
- 6th Period – Concert Winds & Wind Ensemble
- 7th Period – Intermediate Band (lunch 6th period)
Students in 5th Period Symphonic Band OR 7th Period Intermediate Band will have their lunch during 6th period, which is when they met for marching band.
*ON FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 8TH WE WILL REASSUME OUR MARCHING SEASON SCHEDULE TO PRACTICE HALFTIME. ALL STUDENTS REPORT TO 6TH PERIOD ON FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 8TH!
- Monday, 11/4: First day of Concert Bands
- Tuesday, 11/5:
- CITRUS SALE ORDERS DUE!
- Band Booster Meeting, 7pm @ BBHHS
- Wednesday, 11/6: Brass & Woodwind Choir Rehearsal, 2:45pm-3:15pm
- Friday, 11/8: Playoff Game vs. Benedictine, 7pm (CT @ 4:45pm)
- Tuesday, 11/12: Jazz Ensemble Concert @ BUMC, 7pm
- Wednesday, 11/13: Brass & Woodwind Choir Rehearsal, 2:45pm-3:15pm
- Friday, 11/15: Potential Playoff Game, 7pm (CT @ TBD)