Well, we have made it to the finalÂ week of marching band! Â After all of the hard work invested at Band Camp, and throughout the subsequent days and weeks, our 2015 season is almost at its conclusion. Â We cannot say THANK YOU enough to our students, parents, and staff for their dedication to making the “Marching Bees experience” possible! Â
If our season does extend into PLAYOFFS,Â we will still begin concert band on November 2nd, andÂ no additional evening marching band rehearsals will be added. Â Please keep November 6-7Â &Â 13-14 flexible on your calendarsÂ (playoff games can be on either Fridays or Saturdays). Â As soon as we receive any information, we will communicate it to you.
Our Final Week is a busy one……
THIS WEEK: _________________________________________________
CHAIR PLACEMENT AUDITIONS
- Results will be posted online this Friday!
- On Monday 11/2, we will meet in our concert ensembles:
- 5th Period = Symphonic Bands (Crimson and Gold)
- 6th Period = Concert Winds and Wind Ensemble
- Students – plan ahead,Â if you need to make a lunch schedule change!
November orders are due by 11/1
MONDAY, 10/26 – Flagline Practice (6pm-9pm)
TUESDAY, 10/27 – S.O.S.Â REHEARSAL INSIDE (6pm-9pm)
- WE WILL MEET IN THE AUDITORIUM, then head to gym
- This is our only rehearsal for the “Sounds of the Stadium” performance!
- Students will need ALL MUSIC from the season:
- Stand Tunes
- Senior Show
- SHOW 1 – “so you think you can dance”
- SHOW 2 – “so you think you can dance”
- Please print out anything that you may have lost!
WEDNESDAY, 10/28 – “SOUNDS OF THE STADIUM” @ 7pmÂ (CT – 6:15)
Admission is FREE!
- After dressing into uniform, we will assemble in the AUDITORIUM
- Full Uniform, minus hats & gloves (ladies may wear hair down; onlyÂ blackÂ hairÂ accessories permitted).
- TheÂ performance will conclude by 8:30 pm
- Please invite family, friends, teachers, and community members to attend. This is a great opportunity for folks to hear all of the music from this season in a warm, dry indoor setting!
- We will hold a 50/50 raffle, with proceeds benefitting the Flagline
- The winner of the DISNEY TRIP RAFFLE will be selected!
THURSDAY, 10/29 – NO DRUMLINE REHEARSAL! Â
FRIDAY, 10/30 – AWAY FB @ Hudson (CT – 4:30)
After the game, our Band Boosters will hold a “Trunk or Treat” for students in the honors lot! Â There is still room forÂ more people to participate… view the flyer below. Â Many thanks to Mrs. Knerem for organizing the event!
LOOKING AHEAD: _____________________________________________
Portraits with Pride – November 9th*Â
*Time slots between 3-8pm will be available. Â All students should plan to sign up to have their picture taken for the composite band picture that will hang in the band room! Â The option to purchase individual photos is available, butÂ there is NO PURCHASE REQUIRED.