CONGRATULATIONS to the Class of 2020 for a great Senior Night! We are very proud of how hard our Marching Bees worked to put the Senior Show together despite a very limited and rainy timeframe. We will perform the Senior Show again this Friday at Wadsworth.
The rest of this week will focus of preparing for Sounds of the Stadium. Students should have all music (including Salute to America’s Finest) from the season in their flip folders for 6th period rehearsal on Tuesday. More details about the annual Sounds of the Stadium Concert on Wednesday are below.
DEADLINE: CITRUS SALE ORDERS ARE DUE NEXT TUESDAY, 11/5!
SOUNDS OF THE STADIUM – 10/30
Our annual Sounds of the Stadium Concert will be held on Wednesday, October 30th at 7:00pm. This concert is FREE and open to the public, and will feature music from the entire 2019 season. Doors open at 6:15pm and out Band Boosters will be having a “clearance sale” of many spirit wear items as an “everything must go” discounted price. Band ornaments will also be for sale for $10.00 as well as the Disney Raffle and a 50/50 raffle. Cash and check will be the only forms of payment accepted.
Please note that recordings of this concert will not be for sale. Due to copyright and licensing, the company that used to record the concert no longer produces DVDs. However, Jeff Mihalich will be recording the concert to post on YouTube.Â
Students should plan ahead to have the following music in their flip folders for 6th period rehearsal on Tuesday:
- Salute to Americaâ€™s Finest
- Stand Tunes
- Senior Show
- Disney Show
- Woodstock Show
We understand that it is required for students to have passed memorization checks, but we need all students to have the music in rehearsal regardless. Additional details about the concert will be included in next weekâ€™s bulletin.
It is looking more and more likely that we will be in the playoffs this year. We have received confirmation that the first round of playoffs will be on Friday, November 8th. We will not know a location or call time until next week’s bulletin. THIS WILL BE A REQUIRED PERFORMANCE.
Chair Placement results will be released by the end of the week. Beginning next week, November 4-8, we will assume our concert band season schedule. The band block is as follows:
- 5th Period – Symphonic Band (lunch 6th period)
- 6th Period – Concert Winds & Wind Ensemble
- 7th Period – Intermediate Band (lunch 6th period)
Students in 5th Period Symphonic Band OR 7th Period Intermediate Band will have their lunch during 6th period, which is when they met for marching band.
JAZZ ENSEMBLE @ BUMC
The BBHHS Jazz Ensemble will be performing at the Brecksville United Methodist Church on Tuesday, November 12th at 7:00pm. This concert is FREE and open to the public. The Jazz Ensemble is doing a phenomenal job so far this year and we hope you can make it out to support all their hard work. Doors open at 6:30pm. See you there!
- Monday, 10/28: Flagline Rehearsal, 6pm-9pm
- Tuesday, 10/29: Marching Band Rehearsal, 6pm-9pm
- Wednesday, 10/30: SOUNDS OF THE STADIUM, 7pm (CT @ 6:15pm)
- Friday, 11/1: AWAY FOOTBALL vs. Wadsworth, CT @ 4:45pm
- Trunk or Treat to follow!
- Monday, 11/4: First day of Concert Bands
- Tuesday, 11/5: CITRUS SALE ORDERS DUE!
- Wednesday, 11/6: Brass & Woodwind Choir Rehearsal, 2:45pm-3:15pm
- Friday, 11/8: Potential Playoff Game, 7pm (CT @ TBD)
- Tuesday, 11/12: Jazz Ensemble Concert @ BUMC, 7pm
- Wednesday, 11/13: Brass & Woodwind Choir Rehearsal, 2:45pm-3:15pm