Greetings! Â Welcome to the first of several weekly bulletins that will be posted during the marching season. Â Please read these posts carefully, as they often contain new and updated information.
Students, thank you for an enjoyable and productive band camp. Â It was exciting to see, not only yourÂ musical progress, but the process of bonding and becoming a FAMILY that began this week… and will continue throughout the season!
As we gear up for the start of school, please note the following:
WEDNESDAY, 8/19 – First Evening Rehearsal (6pm-9pm)
- Have all music in your Flip Folders!
- We will begin INSIDE, then march to the stadium (weather permitting)
- Bring your best FOCUS and a great attitude!
PREGAME MEMORIZATION CHECKS – Due by first game on 8/28
- ALL WINDSÂ must sign up for a time to complete a pregame memorization check with a staff member.
- Signups will be in the Band Office
- SlotsÂ will be available during certain study hall periods, as well as after school
- Checks can be done in groups of 2-3 (no larger than 3)
- BE PRACTICING! Â Our goal = 100% accuracy from every member.
THURSDAY, 8/20 – First Day of School
- ALL STUDENTSÂ will report to Band 6thÂ PERIOD.Â Even if your schedule indicates that you have band 5th period, you will report 6th during marching band season.
- We will go outside every day, unless inclement weather. Â Plan ahead!
- Wear athletic shoes for daily marching rehearsal. Â Many students just keep a pair in theirÂ band locker… then you always have them, regardless of what shoes you wear to school that day.
Looking forward to the beginning of the school year!