As always with the Band, we never quite “wind down” — even in the final weeks of school! Here is what is ahead for the busy remainder of the school year:
THIS WEEK: ___________________________________________
- Commencement Band – Band Room
- Marching Band – Stage (Memorial Day Music)
- After Monday, plan to go outside each day, with proper footwear!
BAND BANQUET – Monday Evening!
- Doors open @ 5:30
- Dinner @ 6:00
- Awards @ 7:00
- $15 at the Door
- We are looking forward to a great night of recognition and celebration!
HONORS ASSEMBLY – Tuesday AM
- (Commencement Band only)
- Check into 1st per. & meet in the Gym w/instruments
- “Nice” Attire: Gentlemen in a tie, Ladies in a long skirt or dress pants.
- PERCUSSION: Please come early to help transport equipment to the gym.
FLAGLINE AUDITIONS – Wednesday, 5/25
COMMENCEMENT – Saturday, 5/28 @ 1:00
- (Commencement Band only)
- Call time 10:30 AM in the Band Room (come fed, and bring a snack)
- Percussion – Arrive early to load the band truck
- Attire – Gentlemen: coat and tie; Ladies: Long dress
- Approx return time — 3:30
MEMORIAL DAY PARADES – Monday, 5/30
- CT – 7:30 AM (light breakfast food will be provided)
- SENIORS – You are not required to attend, but are highly encouraged to perform with us! We would love to have you there.
- Regardless, please remember to turn in your school instruments to Mrs. Astey, either before or after the parade.
- Bus to Brecksville parade (9 am). The parade will begin behind City Hall, and conclude with a ceremony in the Brecksville Cemetery.
- Bus to Broadview Heights parade (11 am). We will gather in the Crossings Shopping Center on W. Royalton Rd. The parade will move down Rt. 82 and Broadview Rd., and conclude with a ceremony at the Broadview Center.
- Bus to Band Room – return approx. 12:00 noon.
- ATTIRE – Summer uniform (red polo, “official” black shorts, athletic shoes.)
- PLEASE TRY ON YOUR SUMMER UNIFORM!
- If you need to exchange shorts, please bring them in TOMORROW.
- Flagline members — please turn in pep skirts afterward
FINAL EXAM – Tuesday, 5/31 @ 11:40 am
- ALL BAND STUDENTS will report for the 6th period exam.
- The exam period will include the following:
- Drum Major Auditions – We will perform the Star Spangled Banner for each candidate, as they conduct the band. This will also serve as an assessment of our knowledge of the SSB.
- Part II of the Drum Major auditions will take place after school that same day.
- Officer Voting – Secretary, Treasurer, and Publicity.
- OSU Band Presentation – BBHHS Alum & current OSUMB member John Verhovnik will be visiting us to share some information about the OSU Bands, and to get us pumped about the Skull Session on Oct. 1!
- Instrument Check-In/Check-Out
- Band Locker Cleanout
LEADERSHIP RESULTS – Thursday, 6/2
- All Leadership results will be posted online on Thursday after school.
- Please understand — There are many factors that go into these leadership selections, many difficult decisions involved, and often many more qualified students than there are available positions!
- Please be sensitive to others in the way that you celebrate, or grieve, the results. We are very confident that we will have a fantastic leadership team to begin the 16-17 school year.
THANK YOU for making this another great year!