Students – THANK YOU for another great game on Friday night! You performed very well, with our debut of new music, and we look forward to “stepping it up” even more in the weeks ahead. As we reach the halfway point of our season, it is vital that we guard against apathy, and resist the tendency to “plateau”… we have many exciting goals yet to accomplish, and many new crowds for which to perform!
**Le Regiment music checks are required to be completed by Friday! All winds must play Le Regiment for their Squad Leader by Friday (leaders will play for Directors). Note – this is NOT a “memorization check.” It is more important that you can play the music accurately, with your flip folder, than to perform from memory. However, if you prove memorization, you may march without the flip folder.
MONDAY, 9/28 – Flagline Practice (6pm-9pm)
TUESDAY, 9/29 – Evening Rehearsal (6pm-9pm)
5:30 pm – LEADERSHIP MEETING!
- Mid-season is an important time to reflect on the goals that we set in August. Please be on time, we will start right at 5:30.
- HALFTIME MUSIC/DRILL:
- Shake it Off
- Beat It / Man in the Mirror – NEW DRILL
- PREGAME (including “My Girl” for Homecoming court)
- LE REGIMENT/SCRIPT BEES
Please have all music in your flip folder! SHEET MUSIC PAGE
WEDNESDAY, 9/30 – Percussion Rehearsal (6pm-9pm)
THURSDAY, 10/1 – Homecoming Parade and Bonfire
Call Time – 6:30 pm @ BRECKSVILLE FIRE STATION**
- **Students are responsible for getting TO and FROM this event on their own. The school will be open before the parade from 5:00-6:00 for students to get their equipment, and after the bonfire until 9:30 to return it. The parade will step off at 7:00 pm. We will march down Rt. 21, to the Old Stadium, and play pep music during the bonfire.
- Students will be released from the Old Stadium around 9:00 pm.
- ATTIRE: JEANS and RED & GOLD (Spirit Wear)
- MUSIC: Fight Song (twice through) for the parade. Pep songs for bonfire.
FRIDAY, 10/2 – HOMECOMING FB vs. Nordonia (CT 5:30)
- Pep Rally during school: DRUMLINE will be performing (Timing TBA)
- Instrument Decoration:
- As a long-standing tradition, students are allowed to decorate their instruments tastefully for this game.
- PRIORITY #1 = Your instrument MUST PLAY PROPERLY
- Remember, these are decorations, NOT simply random items or pieces of trash!
- The decorations must be securely fastened to the instrument so that pieces do not fall on the field.
- Section/squad leaders: help us by modeling what is appropriate, and by checking your squads and sections to make sure these guidelines are adhered to.
All Leadership – please plan to stay after the game to help clean up the music area.