After many weeks of hard work, beginning in the warm days of summer, and continuing through the (still mostly warm) weeks of fall, our 2016 season is almost at its conclusion.
It has been a great season — and we cannot say THANK YOU enough to our students, parents, and staff for their dedication and commitment to making The Marching Bees happen!
If we do go to Playoffs, we will still begin concert band next Monday 10/31, and no additional evening marching band rehearsals will be added.
FINAL WEEK: _________________________________________________
CHAIR PLACEMENT RESULTS
- Results will be posted online this Friday, after the game
- On Monday 10/31, we will meet in our concert ensembles:
- 5th Period = Symphonic Bands (Crimson and Gold)
- 6th Period = Concert Winds and Wind Ensemble
- Students – plan ahead, if you need to make a lunch schedule change
November orders are due by 11/1
MONDAY, 10/24 – Flagline Practice (6pm-9pm)
TUESDAY, 10/25 – S.O.S. REHEARSAL INSIDE (6pm-9pm)
- WE WILL MEET IN THE AUDITORIUM, then head to gym
- Students will need ALL MUSIC from the season:
- Stand Tunes
- SALUTE TO AMERICA’S FINEST
- Senior Show
- Star Wars
- Please print out anything that you may have lost!
WEDNESDAY, 10/26 – “SOUNDS OF THE STADIUM” @ 7pm (CT – 6:15)
Admission is FREE!
- After dressing into uniform, we will assemble in the AUDITORIUM
- Full Uniform, minus hats & gloves
- Ladies may wear hair down (only black hair accessories permitted)
- The performance will conclude by 8:30 pm
- Please invite family, friends, teachers, and community members to attend. This is a great opportunity for folks to hear all of the music from this season in a warm, dry indoor setting!
- We will hold a 50/50 raffle, with proceeds benefitting the Flagline
THURSDAY, 10/27 – INDOOR DRUMLINE MEETING #2 @ 6:00 pm
- Only students who are planning to participate in Indoor Drumline need attend
FRIDAY, 10/28 – SENIOR NIGHT FB vs. Hudson (CT – 5:00)
SENIORS – We are so appreciative of your contributions to the band program over the years! Thankfully, the year is still just beginning… We look forward to your continued leadership in our concert ensembles!
SENIOR PARENTS – Reception @ 5:00 on Stage
- After the reception, Mrs. Astey will line you up behind the band in reverse alphabetical order, and you will march to the stadium with us. When the senior recognition begins, you and your child will walk across the track during your announcement. At the end, I’ll be there to shake your hand, and a photographer will take your picture.
We look forward to honoring our seniors and senior parents on Friday!