CONGRATS on a great first game! We did well in all three areas: Look, Sound, and Class. Regarding Class – we were told that the Padua chaperones were impressed by how courteous, grateful, and respectful our students were during the 3rd quarter… we also did a very good job of cleaning up stands — AWESOME!
- Parents – Many thanks to our chaperones, we couldn’t do it without you!
- This Friday also saw the debut of our NEW BAND TRUCK. We adjusted well to using the new hydraulic lift, safely and efficiently. Great job, Loading Crew!
Many thanks to our FLAGLINE & DRUMLINE volunteers, who performed along the route for the Susan G. Komen race this past Saturday. Your performance was sure to lift the spirits of those participating… CLASS ACT!.
Last week, The Drumline also played for Chippewa Elementary’s “welcome back” party. Great community support!
THIS WEEK: _______________________________________
MEMORIZATION CHECKS – Due by Friday
- ALL STUDENTS will be tested on THE STAR SPANGLED BANNER! Please sign up for a time.
- Halftime Re-Checks – Students who were not memorized for halftime last week, or would like to improve their score, should keep practicing, and sign up to be heard again.
MONDAY, 8/29 – Flagline Practice (6pm-9pm)
TUESDAY, 8/30 – Evening Rehearsal (6pm-9pm)
- Work Pregame – focus on SSB!
- Work Halftime – improve sound and look
- Rehearse Stand Tunes – get new ones ready for Friday!
- PRACTICE SSB FOR INDIANS GAME
THURSDAY, 9/1 – HS Open House
Parents: Come to the AUD during your child’s CONCERT BAND PERIOD.
- 5th Period – Symphonic Band
- 6th Period – Concert Winds & Wind Ensemble
- Jazz Ensemble will play up in the Cafe at the beginning of the evening!
FRIDAY, 9/2 – HOME FB vs. Garfield Heights (CT – 5:45)
- Let’s work hard this week, to put our absolute best product on the field for the home crowd!
SATURDAY, 9/3 – Indians Game (CT – 4:30)
- WEAR SUMMER UNIFORM
- For student health and safety — This is due primarily to how hot it is in the underground staging area, which we learned the last time that we visited the ballpark.
- BRING A SACK DINNER to eat when we arrive! You will not have the opportunity to eat until we go into the ballpark (approximately 7:15). Band Boosters will provide bottled water.
- Family/friend/group tickets will be distributed this week
- Student tickets will be held separately, and scanned together when we arrive at the ballpark. After we perform, tickets will be given out to students, and we will head in to watch the game!
- Students are seated with your family/group. If independent, you will be seated in a group of students. You are able to move seats if desired, but must stay within our assigned ticket area!
- 4:30 – Call Time @ BBHHS (note change from 4pm)
- 5:00 – Departure
- 5:30 – Arrive at ballpark
- 5:30-6:30 – Eat dinner (YOU BRING), get ready, warm up
- 6:30 – Line up, prepare to take the field
- 6:35 – March out
- 6:45 – In place, ready to perform
- 6:58 – PERFORM THE NATIONAL ANTHEM!
- 7:15 – Return to buses, load instruments, get tickets, go watch the game!
- 10:30 (approx) – Depart
- 11:00 (approx) – Return to BBHHS
The season is off to a great start… let’s keep it up and G.B.E.Week!